First up it's our internal communications manager, Elizabeth Allen.
- Tell us about your role at Digital Infrastructure and BeFibre – what are your key responsibilities?
I am the internal communications manager for Digital Infrastructure and BeFibre. My job is to create and drive discussions and communication between multiple parts of the business and bring them together — I’m usually speaking to lots of different stakeholders within the business and telling everyone all the great things our people are working on!
- What’s your favourite part of the job?
I love that I get to talk to so many people across the two companies. No two days are the same. One day I could be working with health and safety on an upcoming initiative, or showing off the latest marketing campaign we have planned.
- For you, what makes Digital Infrastructure/BeFibre stand out from the crowd?
It sounds cliché, but everyone cares. Each person I speak to comes into work wanting to make a difference and provide a great service, not only to our customers, but across the wider company, too.
- How do you think your colleagues would describe you?
I’m not what you may expect!
- Describe the two companiesin three words…
Dedicated. Resourceful. Growing.
- Is there a life motto which you swear by?
If you want something done, ask a busy person.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
My bed, pillows, and duvet. Does that count as one thing? I have always been obsessed with sleep.
- If you were the boss for a day, what one rule would you implement?
A regular Friday quiz. I love learning new things and it would give people an opportunity to pause for a few moments and have some fun.
- Complete the sentence: When it comes to broadband, it’s crazy that people don’t know…
That upload speeds can be as important as download speeds. A lot of broadband companies don’t offer the same speeds for both, whereas BeFibre does.
- If you could give a colleague an award for going ‘above and beyond’ who would it be, and why?
Shannon Mcdermott, our Social Media Manager is such a wonderful person. On a professional level, as a fellow content creator, she is always there to bounce ideas with and help me get creative with my communications. On a personal level she is such a warm and helpful person; always willing to do right by people. If I am ever doubtful of myself, I go to Shannon as I know she will sort me out!
Keep your eyes peeled for more team members taking part in our Q&A series over the coming months.